S1E4- Charging for Your Advice: “What Do You Do?”
In today’s episode Wes kicks off the topic of Charging for Your Advice with a discussion on how to answer the age-old question, “What do you do?” As usual Andy Traub will be hosting this topic with Wes Young and Justin Lakin, but will also be joined this week by guest Cody Moore- another associate from Wes Young & Associates.
Today’s main points are:
- Fee versus Free
- “A plan only has value in that it is proof the planning process has taken place.
- The planning process is all about thinking through the right issues.” -Chip Heath
- Answering the question “What do you do?” is one of the greatest untapped opportunities.
- Common approaches to answering the question.
- The importance of the “Why” before “What” approach.
- People we are trying to lead need to feel the weight of the problem we are trying to solve, or the opportunity we are trying to seize before they care about our approach to solving it.
- How to be an attractive interruption.
Join us in the next episode Wes will be covering the elements of the first strategy session with clients, and how to get them to “Lean In.”