S5E4- The Stories We Tell Ourselves: “The Value of Assessments and the cost of not doing them”
To this point in the season, we have hit on the points around the importance of knowing the story you are in, the risk around living out mindless efficiency, and possessing emotional fitness. This week Andy, Wes, and Justin kick off the practical side of the discussion where we will look at how we can change the stories we tell ourselves, and gain better understanding of ourselves and those around us. Specifically, we will look at the tools or resources that Wes and his team use, and how each of those can be applied.
In today’s episode we will cover:
- What are assessment tools and how can they help?
- Understanding your own strengths and weaknesses
- Streamlining the hiring process
- Optimizing your team’s functionality
- Self-awareness is a trait - or maybe 'practice' is the more accurate way to put it - that everyone can always improve at. It is part emotional intelligence, part perceptiveness, part critical thinking. It means knowing your weaknesses, of course, but it also means knowing your strengths and what motivates you. -Neil Blumenthal
- Assessments: Working Genius, Kolbe, and Wonderlic
If you want to further explore these or other topics you can learn more at www.wesyounglive.com, and use discount code PODCAST25 for 25% off. Click here to download the 1-5-10 assessment tool that Wes discussed in the show.