S13E3 - The Productivity Paradox: Closing Time!
In this episode of the "From Busy to Rich" podcast, hosts Andy and Wes Young, along with Justin, delve into the concept of "closing time," which involves ending certain activities to foster personal and professional growth. They discuss the paradox of productivity, where stopping certain tasks can lead to increased productivity and advancement. The conversation touches on the resistance to change due to fear of loss and discomfort with the familiar. They emphasize the importance of ending behaviors that no longer serve us and the need to challenge inherited processes and norms. They also explore the significance of not negotiating with oneself and the impact of administrative support on productivity. If you’re ready to replace unproductive habits with positive ones to lead a richer life then this one is for you!
In today’s episode we will cover:
- The Concept of "closing time" and the importance of stopping certain activities for personal and professional growth
- Shifting mindset and focusing on value
- Delegating administrative tasks for increased productivity
- Questioning the effectiveness of being busy and working hard for personal and professional growth
- Concerns and fear of change preventing necessary adjustments
We hope you enjoy this episode, and would love to hear your feedback by leaving a review. If you’re an advisor and want to further explore these or other topics you can learn more at www.wesyounglive.com. You can also click here to receive a free downloadable copy of Wes’ ideal calendar.
Perhaps you’ve been following us for a while, and you’re ready to transform your practice. If so then we would love to have you at our upcoming Transform University class - click here for information on how to sign up.